Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pernicious Porcupine Squalor

Continuing in the spirit of last week's discovery I found this piece:



This piece has encouraged me to reconsider my feelings about our often abused friend, the glissando. I think I may write a piece that is all glissandi. Madness!

Make sure and check out Michael Levinas. Michael studied with Messiaen, and though his music is often simply described as "spectral" it has unique lilt all Its own.

I've been busy with several new projects including a string quartet, a collection of description pieces, and another lengthy free improv set. Look for video and audio from those projects this weekend.

I'm going to be playing at Lab Music 3 in Gainesville this weekend. This time around the theme is randomly picked duos. If you can't make it out to the Lab this weekend, wish me luck on a good improv partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment